Toyota Road Safety Programme is a joint effort by UMW Toyota Motor, Ministry of Educatian, Ministry of Transport and the Road Safety Council with tha objective to build a future generation of responsible and safety-conscius driver and road user.
* Always follow instructions of your school traffic warden when crossing the road to and from school.
* Children aged 10 year and below must be accompanied by an adult when crossing the road.
* Drivers must give way to pedestrians when they approach to zebra crossing or signalized pedestrian crossing.
* Always use pedestrian path and lanes. Never walk on the road as it is very dangerous.
* Use front and rear seat belts, as it will save from being thrown out of your vwhicle in a road crash.
* Primary school children should wear SIRIM approved child safety helmet when riding pillion on a motrocycle.
* Use bicycle helmets and protective gear with conspicuous clothing when cycling to and from school.
* An incremental speed of 5km/h will increase the saverity of road crash by 30%.
* Slow down when the traffic light turns to amber, stop behind the white line when the light is red.
* Always walk againts the flow of vehicular traffic, so that you can see approaching vehicles.
* Overhead and eleveret crossing are built for pedestrians to cross safely. Look for it and use it when crossing the road.
* Do not jump over the crash barriers or security fencing to cross roads as it is hazardous and dangerous.
Source : Toyota Road Safety Programme incolaboration with the Ministry of Education and Road Safety Council Malaysia.